Twelve Capes Sokol Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers
Twelve attorneys at Capes Sokol have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America © 2017 edition.
Arthur S. Margulis, Daniel R. Sokol, David V. Capes, Gary R. Sarachan, Harvard W. Muhm, Jeffrey A. Cohen, John Meyer Jr., Mark E. Goodman, Michael A. Kahn, Michelle F. Schwerin, Sanford J. Boxerman, and Sara G. Neill were selected in a collective nineteen unique Best Lawyers practice areas. In addition, David V. Capes was recently selected as 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation and Controversy – Tax in the St. Louis area.
The Capes Sokol attorneys, their practice areas and the inaugural year that each was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers are shown below.
- Arthur S. Margulis (2006) – Criminal Defense: General Practice; Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Daniel R. Sokol (1993) – Family Law
- David V. Capes (2001) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law
- Gary R. Sarachan (2012) – Commercial Litigation
- Harvard W. Muhm (2011) – Trusts and Estates
- Jeffrey A. Cohen (2016) – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- John Meyer Jr. (2016) – Corporate Law
- Mark E. Goodman (2014) – Commercial Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs; Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Michael A. Kahn (2001) – Copyright Law; Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law – Music; First Amendment Law; Litigation – First Amendment; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Media Law
- Michelle F. Schwerin (2017) – Litigation and Controversy – Tax
- Sanford J. Boxerman (2016) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Sara G. Neill (2015) – Litigation and Controversy – Tax
Best Lawyers is the oldest, most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers inclusion is based on peer review to capture consensus opinions of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues in the same geographic and legal practice area. Best Lawyers employs a transparent survey process to elicit meaningful evaluations of legal services quality.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.