Twenty-One Capes Sokol Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Best Lawyers in America
Twenty-one attorneys at Capes Sokol, representing every practice area of the firm, have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 edition.
Lisa M. Adams, R. Thomas Avery, Sanford J. Boxerman, David V. Capes, Jeffrey A. Cohen, Kelley F. Farrell, Amy L. Fehr, Mark E. Goodman, Michael A. Kahn, Laura E. Krebs Al-Shathir, David H. Luce, John S. Meyer, Jr., Harvard W. Muhm, Sara G. Neill, Teresa Pupillo, Peter Salsich III, Gary R. Sarachan, Aaron Schwartz, Michelle F. Schwerin, Robert T. West, and Stacy Engles Wipfler were selected in a collective twenty-one Best Lawyers practice areas.
In addition, Michelle F. Schwerin, shareholder, was recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation and Controversy–Tax in the St. Louis area. Only a single lawyer in each practice area in the St. Louis metropolitan area is named the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Capes Sokol Best Lawyers 2023
The Capes Sokol attorneys, their practice areas and the inaugural year that each was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers are shown below.
· Lisa M. Adams (2019) – Trusts and Estates
· R. Thomas Avery (2023) – Commercial Litigation
· Sanford J. Boxerman (2016) – Criminal Defense: White–Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax
· David V. Capes (2001) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law
· Jeffrey A. Cohen (2016) – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
· Kelley F. Farrell (2013) – Employment Law – Management
· Amy L. Fehr (2018) – Commercial Litigation
· Mark E. Goodman (2014) – Commercial Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs; Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
· Michael A. Kahn (2001) – Copyright Law; Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law – Music; First Amendment Law; Litigation – First Amendment; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Media Law
· Laura E. Krebs Al–Shathir (2021) – Tax Law
· David H. Luce (2018) – Employment Law – Management
· John S. Meyer, Jr. (2016) – Corporate Law; Real Estate Law; Banking and Finance Law
· Harvard W. Muhm (2011) – Trusts and Estates
· Sara G. Neill (2015) – Criminal Defense: White–Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax
· Teresa D. Pupillo (2021) – Litigation – Labor and Employment
· Pete Salsich III (2011) – Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television
· Gary R. Sarachan (2012) – Commercial Litigation
· Aaron E. Schwartz (2021) – Commercial Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
· Michelle F. Schwerin (2017) – Criminal Defense: White–Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax
· Robert T. West (2018) – Real Estate Law
· Stacy Engles Wipfler (2021) – Real Estate Law
Best Lawyers is the oldest, most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers inclusion reflects the consensus opinions of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues in the same geographic and legal practice areas. Best Lawyers employs a transparent survey process to elicit meaningful evaluations
Capes Sokol is a St. Louis-based law firm focusing on corporate and real estate matters; business, commercial, intellectual property, and product liability litigation; employment law; tax litigation and controversy; white collar criminal defense; trusts and estates; entertainment and media; and digital currency and blockchain technology.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.