Twelve Capes Sokol Attorneys Selected for 2019 Best Lawyers List
Twelve attorneys at Capes Sokol, representing every practice area of the firm, have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America © 2019 edition.
Amy L. Fehr, David V. Capes, Gary R. Sarachan, Harvard W. Muhm, Jeffrey A. Cohen, John S. Meyer Jr., Lisa M. Adams, Mark E. Goodman, Michael A. Kahn, Michelle F. Schwerin, Sanford J. Boxerman, and Sara G. Neill were selected in a collective nineteen unique Best Lawyers practice areas.
In addition, two Capes Sokol attorneys were recently recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” in the St. Louis area. Jeffrey A. Cohen was selected as 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) and David V. Capes was selected as 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation and Controversy – Tax.
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments.
Capes Sokol Best Lawyers 2019
The Capes Sokol attorneys, their practice areas and the inaugural year that each was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers are shown below.
- Amy Fehr (2018) – Commercial Litigation
- David V. Capes (2001) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law
- Gary R. Sarachan (2012) – Commercial Litigation
- Harvard W. Muhm (2011) – Trusts and Estates
- Jeffrey A. Cohen (2016) – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- John Meyer Jr. (2016) – Corporate Law; Real Estate Law; Banking and Finance Law*
- Lisa M. Adams (2019) – Trusts and Estates*
- Mark E. Goodman (2014) – Commercial Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs; Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Michael A. Kahn (2001) – Copyright Law; Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law – Music; First Amendment Law; Litigation – First Amendment; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Media Law
- Michelle F. Schwerin (2017) – Litigation and Controversy – Tax
- Sanford J. Boxerman (2016) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Sara G. Neill (2015) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax
Best Lawyers is the oldest, most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers inclusion is based on peer review to capture consensus opinions of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues in the same geographic and legal practice area. Best Lawyers employs a transparent survey process to elicit meaningful evaluations of legal services quality.
*= First Year Recognized in Practice Area
Capes Sokol is a St. Louis-based law firm focusing on corporate and real estate matters; business, commercial, intellectual property, and product liability litigation; employment law; tax litigation and controversy; white collar criminal defense; trusts and estates; entertainment and media; and digital currency and blockchain technology.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.