Three Capes Sokol Attorneys to Present at “LLCs From Start to Finish” Seminar
On June 19, 2018, Sarah J. Luem, Gary R. Sarachan, and Drew H. Westbrook will present in front of a group of attorneys, accountants, banking professionals and paralegals at a continuing legal education seminar entitled, “LLCs From Start to Finish”. At the seminar, presented by the National Business Institute, Sarah will present the section entitled: “Preventing and Handling Disputes in the LLC”, Drew will present the section entitled: “Top LLC Mistakes to Avoid in Everyday Business Practices”, and Gary will present the last section of the seminar entitled: “Legal Ethics for the LLC Attorney”.
LLCs From Start to Finish
Seasoned legal professionals will walk you through the entire LLC cycle with practical how-to’s, practice pointers, cautionary advice and sample forms. Stay up to date with the latest LLC legislation, trends and developments; consider all factors in entity selection and formation; and work through difficult operating agreement provisions. You will also learn more focused skills and applications, such as forming LLCs to purchase real estate, utilizing series LLCs and much, much more.
- LLC or S-Corp? Examine major tax and non-tax advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Determine which tax election is the best fit for every LLC you work with.
- Walk through the nuts, bolts and best practices for forming or converting to an LLC.
- Understand the mechanics of single member LLCs – organization, taxation, liability and operating agreements.
- Craft an airtight LLC operating agreement for your client.
- Get clarification on the legal uncertainties surrounding series LLCs.
- Know the do’s, don’ts, pitfalls and tips for using LLCs to purchase real estate and other special purposes.
- Reinforce the liability protections offered by LLCs with current best practices.
- Walk away with sample formation documents, agreements, tax forms and other reference materials.
For additional information about the seminar or to register, please visit: LLCs From Start to Finish
About the Capes Sokol Attorneys
Sarah J. Luem
Sarah focuses her practice on the resolution of complex legal matters that affect businesses in a variety of industries – particularly those involving ownership disputes and deadlocks, succession planning, buy-sell agreements, and business divorces. Her work on general corporate matters also includes drafting organizational documents, corporate governance issues, assisting with capitalization and financing, employment and consulting agreements, charitable giving and general contract advice.
For additional information about Sarah, please visit her profile.
Drew H. Westbrook
Drew represents corporate and individual clients at every stage of the business venture. He has experience serving the business needs of clients in the healthcare industry, including compliance, contracting, acquisitions and sales, real estate, and financing. Mr. Westbrook also represents manufacturers, distributors, and clients in supply chain procurement issues, corporate ownership disputes, licensing, real estate acquisition and sale, and leasing.
For additional information about Drew, please visit his profile.
Gary R. Sarachan
Gary R. Sarachan is general counsel for Capes Sokol, where he practiced in the areas of commercial litigation, civil litigation, administrative law, regulation defense and white collar criminal defense. A founding member of the firm, Gary serves as General Counsel to Capes Sokol. In his role as General Counsel, Gary oversees legal matters, ethics, conflicts, and loss prevention for Capes Sokol.
For additional information about Gary, please visit his profile.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.