Thirteen Capes Sokol Attorneys Recognized as 2020 Best Lawyers in America©
Thirteen attorneys at Capes Sokol, representing every practice area of the firm, have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America © 2020 edition.
Lisa M. Adams, Sanford J. Boxerman, David V. Capes, Jeffrey A. Cohen, Drey A. Cooley, Amy L. Fehr, Mark E. Goodman, Michael A. Kahn, John S. Meyer, Jr., Harvard W. Muhm, Sara G. Neill, Gary R. Sarachan, and Michelle F. Schwerin were selected in a collective nineteen Best Lawyers practice areas.
In addition, Michael A. Kahn, Senior Counsel at Capes Sokol, was recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” for Copyright Law in the St. Louis area. This distinct honor comes hot on the heels of Michael’s successful representation of the “Joyful Noise” artists in the Katy Perry “Dark Horse” copyright infringement case. Only a single lawyer in each practice area in the St. Louis metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
CAPES SOKOL BEST LAWYERS 2020
The Capes Sokol attorneys, their practice areas and the inaugural year that each was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers are shown below.
- Lisa M. Adams (2019) – Trusts and Estates
- Sanford J. Boxerman (2016) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax*
- David V. Capes (2001) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law
- Jeffrey A. Cohen (2016) – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Drey A. Cooley (2020) – Commercial Litigation*
- Amy L. Fehr (2018) – Commercial Litigation
- Mark E. Goodman (2014) – Commercial Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs; Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Michael A. Kahn (2001) – Copyright Law; Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law – Music; First Amendment Law; Litigation – First Amendment; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Media Law
- John S. Meyer, Jr. (2016) – Corporate Law; Real Estate Law; Banking and Finance Law
- Harvard W. Muhm (2011) – Trusts and Estates
- Sara G. Neill (2015) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax
- Gary R. Sarachan (2012) – Commercial Litigation
- Michelle F. Schwerin (2017) – Litigation and Controversy – Tax
*= First Year Recognized in Practice Area
Best Lawyers is the oldest, most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers inclusion is based on peer review to capture consensus opinions of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues in the same geographic and legal practice area. Best Lawyers employs a transparent survey process to elicit meaningful evaluations of legal services quality.
ABOUT CAPES SOKOL
Capes Sokol is a St. Louis-based law firm focusing on corporate and real estate matters; business, commercial, intellectual property, and product liability litigation; tax litigation and controversy; white collar and other criminal defense matters; trusts and estates; entertainment and media; and digital currency and blockchain technology matters.