Nine Capes Sokol Attorneys Selected to the 2018 Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers List
Capes Sokol congratulates attorneys Sanford J. Boxerman, David V. Capes, Drey A. Cooley, Michael A. Kahn, and Sara G. Neill for their recent selection to the 2018 Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers list. Each year, no more than five percent of Missouri lawyers are selected to receive this honor.
In addition, Andrew W. Blackwell, Lauren R. Cohen, Brian J. Sabin, and Michelle F. Schwerin were selected to the 2018 Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars list. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of Missouri lawyers are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
The Capes Sokol attorneys, their practice areas and the inaugural year that each was selected for inclusion in the Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers & Rising Stars lists are shown below.
2018 Super Lawyer
- Sanford J. Boxerman (2011) – Criminal Defense: White Collar; Tax
- Sandy defends individuals and corporations in white collar investigations and prosecutions. He also represents taxpayers in civil and criminal tax matters.
- David V. Capes (2005) – Criminal Defense: White Collar; Tax
- For over 40 years David has handled tax and white collar criminal matters. David defends individuals and businesses under investigation for and/or charged with federal tax and other white collar crimes.
- Drey A. Cooley* (2011) – Business Litigation; Intellectual Property Litigation; Intellectual Property; Appellate
- Drey counsels and assists businesses and individuals in a wide-variety of litigation, business/transactional, real estate, employment, risk management, governance and intellectual property matters.
- Michael A. Kahn (2005) – Intellectual Property Litigation; Business Litigation; Intellectual Property
- A veteran of numerous jury trials, Mike concentrates his practice in copyright, trademark, First Amendment and media law, including libel and privacy rights.
- Sara G. Neill (2015) – Tax: Consumer; Tax: Business; Criminal Defense: White Collar
- A tax litigator, Sara represents individuals and businesses in civil and criminal federal and state tax matters involving the Internal Revenue Service and Missouri Department of Revenue.
2018 Rising Stars
- Andrew W. Blackwell (2017) – Business Litigation
- Andrew is an experienced litigator who represents and counsels clients in a broad range of business litigation and employment matters.
- Lauren R. Cohen (2016) – Business Litigation
- Lauren serves as a trusted advisor to businesses and individuals, helping them to effectively resolve disputes and to minimize potential liability before a claim would arise.
- Brian J. Sabin (2017) – Real Estate; Business/Corporate; Banking
- Brian counsels businesses on all types of legal matters, throughout all stages of their lifecycle, from entity formation and startup, to maturity and disposition.
- Michelle F. Schwerin* (2018) – Tax: Consumer; Tax: Business; Criminal Defense: White Collar
- An attorney-CPA, Michelle’s credentials and experience allow her to navigate the intricate world of civil tax examinations, appeals, and litigation, as well as criminal tax investigations and defense.
*= First Year Recognized in List
Super Lawyers is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys. It recognizes outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates across 12 categories and peer reviews by practice area.
Capes Sokol is a St. Louis-based law firm focusing on corporate and real estate matters; business, commercial, intellectual property, and product liability litigation; employment law; tax litigation and controversy; white collar criminal defense; trusts and estates; entertainment and media; and digital currency and blockchain technology.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.