Eleven Capes Sokol Attorneys Selected to the 2019 Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Capes Sokol congratulates attorneys Sanford J. Boxerman, David V. Capes, Drey A. Cooley, Michael A. Kahn, and Sara G. Neill for their recent selection to the 2019 Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers list. Each year, only five percent of Missouri lawyers are selected to receive this honor.
In addition, Andrew W. Blackwell, Amy L. Fehr, Sarah J. Luem, Brian J. Sabin, Aaron E. Schwartz, and Michelle F. Schwerin were selected to the 2019 Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars list. Each year, only 2.5 percent of Missouri lawyers are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
The Capes Sokol attorneys, their practice areas and the inaugural year that each was selected for inclusion in the Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers & Rising Stars lists are shown below.
2019 Super Lawyers
- Sanford J. Boxerman (2011) – Criminal Defense: White Collar; Tax
- Sandy defends individuals and corporations in white collar investigations and prosecutions. He also represents clients in civil and criminal tax controversies and litigation.
- David V. Capes (2005) – Criminal Defense: White Collar; Tax
- For over 40 years David has focused his practice on criminal tax and other white collar criminal matters as well as civil tax audits, appeals, Tax Court and District Court litigation, and business and personal tax advice.
- Drey A. Cooley (2011) – Business Litigation; Intellectual Property Litigation; Intellectual Property; Appellate
- Drey counsels and assists businesses and individuals in a wide-variety of litigation, business/transactional, real estate, employment, risk management, governance and intellectual property matters.
- Michael A. Kahn (2005) – Intellectual Property Litigation; Business Litigation; Intellectual Property
- Mike concentrates his practice in copyright, trademark, First Amendment and media law, including libel and privacy rights. He has served as a court-appointed mediator in a variety of intellectual property lawsuits, including copyright, trademark, patent and libel cases.
- Sara G. Neill (2015) – Tax: Consumer; Tax: Business; Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Sara represents individuals and businesses in civil and criminal tax controversies and litigation. She also defends clients in other white collar criminal matters involving allegations of financial fraud.
2019 Rising Stars
- Andrew W. Blackwell (2017) – Business Litigation
- Andrew represents and counsels clients in a broad range of business litigation and employment matters.
- Amy L. Fehr* (2019) – Business Litigation; General Litigation
- As co-chair of the firm’s business litigation group, Amy represents clients in complex commercial litigation matters. Amy handles high-stakes business torts and contract claims as lead litigation counsel in Federal and State trial and appellate courts.
- Sarah J. Luem* (2019) – Business/Corporate; Real Estate
- Sarah’s practice focuses on resolving complex legal matters that affect businesses in a variety of industries – particularly those involving ownership disputes and deadlocks, succession planning, buy-sell agreements, and business divorces.
- Brian J. Sabin (2017) – Real Estate; Business/Corporate; Banking
- Brian counsels businesses on all types of legal matters, throughout all stages of their lifecycle, from entity formation and startup, to maturity and disposition.
- Aaron E. Schwartz (2012) – Employment Litigation, Appellate, Employee Benefits, Civil Litigation, General Litigation
- Aaron represents individuals and companies on matters including employment litigation and discrimination, commercial disputes, insurance coverage, sexual abuse, and complex mass torts.
- Michelle F. Schwerin (2018) – Tax: Consumer; Tax: Business; Securities Litigation
- Michelle represents individuals and businesses in a variety of tax matters, including tax liability disputes, innocent spouse claims, claims for penalty abatement, refund claims and litigation, preparer and promoter penalty investigations and tax collection matters.
*= First Year Recognized in List
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of lawyers from over 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Capes Sokol is a St. Louis-based law firm focusing on corporate and real estate matters; business, commercial, intellectual property, and product liability litigation; employment law; tax litigation and controversy; white collar criminal defense; trusts and estates; entertainment and media; and digital currency and blockchain technology.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.