COVID-19 and Unemployment: What Employers Need to Know
Although the economy is slowly starting to open back up, employers are still trying to navigate the multitude of new laws and regulations related to unemployment benefits. Not only must employers have an understanding of these laws, they now must figure out their interrelationship with the new entitlements to benefits created under the CARES Act and the interaction between unemployment benefits and PPP loans. Capes Sokol attorneys Kelley Farrell and Traci Pupillo provide employers with practical guidance on dealing with these issues and more during a one-hour webinar.
Participants will learn:
- Who is eligible for unemployment benefits.
- How will the payment of unemployment benefits affect my unemployment taxes.
- How to handle employees who do not want to return to work.
- The interaction between PPP loans and unemployment benefits.
- Program Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020
- Program Time: 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- Delivery Method: Group Live Presented Online due to COVID-19
- Anticipated # of Credits: 1 CLE
For additional information about the webinar and to register, please visit: COVID-19 and Unemployment: What Employers Need to Know
To help our presenters address the areas that are of most concern to you, we have created a portal where you can submit questions ahead of the presentation.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.