COVID-19 and Unemployment: What Employers Need to Know
Although the economy is slowly starting to open back up, employers are still trying to navigate the multitude of new laws and regulations related to unemployment benefits. Not only must employers have an understanding of these laws, they now must figure out their interrelationship with the new entitlements to benefits created under the CARES Act and the interaction between unemployment benefits and PPP loans. Capes Sokol attorneys Kelley Farrell and Traci Pupillo provide employers with practical guidance on dealing with these issues and more during a one-hour webinar.
Participants will learn:
- Who is eligible for unemployment benefits.
- How will the payment of unemployment benefits affect my unemployment taxes.
- How to handle employees who do not want to return to work.
- The interaction between PPP loans and unemployment benefits.
- Program Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020
- Program Time: 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- Delivery Method: Group Live Presented Online due to COVID-19
- Anticipated # of Credits: 1 CLE
- Field of Study: Employment
- Program Level: Beginner
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation Required: No
Capes Sokol is a St. Louis-based law firm focusing on corporate and real estate matters; business, commercial, intellectual property, and product liability litigation; employment law; tax litigation and controversy; white collar criminal defense; trusts and estates; entertainment and media; and digital currency and blockchain technology.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.