Capes Sokol Welcomes 2018 Summer Associates
Capes Sokol is pleased to welcome its 2018 Summer Associate Class – Sam W. Crosby, Graham N. Johnson, and Brian T. Stachowski.
The program is designed such that our Summer Associates assist in the preparation of substantive work product on behalf of our clients, and are additionally offered an experiential component to acquaint them with aspects of the legal practice which are rarely touched upon in the academic setting of law school.
Sam W. Crosby
- Sam W. Crosby attends the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law and will graduate in May 2019. An active member of the Mizzou community, Sam has served on the Missouri Law Review as an Associate Member and Associate Managing Editor, as a Teaching Fellow specializing in both contracts and civil procedure, on both the Student Bar Association Honor Code Committee and Library Committee, as a Board of Advocates candidate, and as a trial file author for the Historical and Theatrical Trial Society (HATTS).
- In addition, Sam has gained practical experience through his work at the 2018 Mizzou Criminal Prosecution Clinic, during which time he became rule 13 certified and conducted a preliminary hearing. A native of the greater St. Louis area, Sam received his Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Graham N. Johnson
- Graham N. Johnson attends Washington University School of Law and will graduate in May 2019. A member of the Dean’s List, Graham serves as the Assistant Notes Editor for Washington University’s Jurisprudence Review, which will feature his article, “Privacy and the Internet of Things: Why Shifting Expectations Demand Heightened Standards,” in the journal’s Fall 2018 publication.
- Graham is actively involved in the school’s Technology and Privacy Society and Intellectual Property Law Association. Graham received a CALI Award in Lawyer Ethics, as well as an Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award for his performance in a class-wide 1L Moot Court competition. Originally from Deerfield, IL, Graham graduated magna cum laude from Texas Christian University with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Writing.
Brian T. Stachowski
- Brian T. Stachowski attends Saint Louis University School of Law and will graduate in May 2019. A member of the Dean’s List, Brian will be the Managing Editor of the Teaching Edition of the Saint Louis University Law Journal for 2018-19. Brian is a member of the SLU Law Federalist Society, SLU Law Business Law Association, and the SLU Law Tax Club.
- This past year, he participated in the SLU Law Corporate Externship Program. Originally from Troy, Illinois, Brian graduated from Central Bible College with a Bachelor of Arts in Hebrew Bible, and received his Master of Arts in Archaeology from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
THE SUMMER ASSOCIATE PROGRAM
Capes Sokol’s Summer Associate Program provides second-year law students with challenging assignments which require them to work together with Shareholders and Associates in the real work of the firm. Summer Associates learn to address the practical problems our clients face under the guidance of our experienced attorneys. Capes Sokol commits significant resources and effort to conduct a high-quality Summer Associate Program that is both enriching for participants and beneficial to the firm as a whole.
For more information on the Capes Sokol Summer Associate Program, please visit our summer associate program page. For questions regarding the program, please contact Deborah A. Trachsel, Executive Director.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.