Thirteen Capes Sokol Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers
Thirteen attorneys at Capes Sokol have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America © 2018 edition.
Amy L. Fehr, Arthur S. Margulis, Daniel R. Sokol, David V. Capes, Gary R. Sarachan, Harvard W. Muhm, Jeffrey A. Cohen, John Meyer Jr., Mark E. Goodman, Michael A. Kahn, Michelle F. Schwerin, Sanford J. Boxerman, and Sara G. Neill were selected in a collective twenty unique Best Lawyers practice areas.
In addition, three Capes Sokol attorneys were recently recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” in the St. Louis area. Michael A. Kahn was selected as 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” for Copyright Law, John S. Meyer, Jr. was selected as 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” for Corporate Law, and Sara G. Neill was selected as 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation and Controversy – Tax.
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments.
Capes Sokol Best Lawyers 2018
The Capes Sokol attorneys, their practice areas and the inaugural year that each was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers are shown below.
- Amy Fehr (2018) – Commercial Litigation*
- Arthur S. Margulis (2006) – Criminal Defense: General Practice; Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Daniel R. Sokol (1993) – Family Law
- David V. Capes (2001) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law
- Gary R. Sarachan (2012) – Commercial Litigation
- Harvard W. Muhm (2011) – Trusts and Estates
- Jeffrey A. Cohen (2016) – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- John Meyer Jr. (2016) – Corporate Law; Real Estate Law*
- Mark E. Goodman (2014) – Commercial Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs; Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Michael A. Kahn (2001) – Copyright Law; Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law – Music; First Amendment Law; Litigation – First Amendment; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Media Law
- Michelle F. Schwerin (2017) – Litigation and Controversy – Tax
- Sanford J. Boxerman (2016) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Sara G. Neill (2015) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar*, Litigation and Controversy – Tax
Best Lawyers is the oldest, most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers inclusion is based on peer review to capture consensus opinions of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues in the same geographic and legal practice area. Best Lawyers employs a transparent survey process to elicit meaningful evaluations of legal services quality.
*= First Year Recognized in Practice Area
ABOUT CAPES SOKOL
Capes Sokol is a St. Louis-based law firm focusing on business, commercial, intellectual property, and product liability litigation; white collar and other criminal defense matters; tax litigation and controversy; trusts & estates; and corporate and real estate matters.
Capes Sokol is located at Pierre Laclede Center, 7701 Forsyth Boulevard, Twelfth Floor, St. Louis (Clayton), Missouri 63105. Phone: 314.721.7701. Website: http://www.capessokol.com.