Areas of Concentration
Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Lending & Finance
Paralegal Certificate, University of Texas (1993)
Designations & Awards
- Deal of the Year — $2 Million-Plus Category for Pevely Pointe Apartments, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)-St. Louis, 2007
Robin L. Steiner’s practice as a paralegal at Capes, Sokol, Goodman & Sarachan, P.C. is strongly influenced by her work in the commercial real estate industry. With more than 30 years of experience in the industry, Ms. Steiner’s clients and colleagues benefit from her vast knowledge of banking, asset management and legal services. She focuses on negotiating and drafting transaction documents, working with attorneys in several of the firm’s practice groups, including:
- Real Estate
- Business & Finance
- Creditors’ Rights
She also helps clients with bankruptcy workouts, reorganizations and foreclosure proceedings in connection with commercial properties throughout the state of Missouri.
Prior to joining Capes Sokol in 2007, Ms. Steiner worked as a commercial closing officer for U.S. Title. She previously served as vice president and legal department director at a $1.8 billion savings and loan company and has worked as a paralegal at an international law firm practicing in the real estate and finance client services groups. She formerly managed commercial portfolios valued at up to $500 million for a publicly-traded company.
Clients benefit from Ms. Steiner’s extensive experience in a broad range of real estate finance methods and instruments, including:
- Working capital lines of credit
- Revolving credit & term loan facilities
- Asset-based loans
- Loan purchases & sales
- Private investment
- Asset disposition including loan work-outs & foreclosures
- Short- & long-term strategic fiscal planning
- Portfolio asset management
- Due diligence in connection with bond issues for real estate investment trusts (REITs)
Ms. Steiner is active in numerous professional and community organizations, including the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL), National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA), the St. Louis Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), the Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Science Center and Forest Park Forever.
- “Real Estate Lending Fundamentals,” in Facts & Findings: The Journal for Legal Assistants, November 2002